Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The life of an artist

The art program at the University of Northern Colorado will be showing off student talents in the upcoming student show: Annual Juried Student Exhibit. This exhibit will run from April 8-May 5.


I had the privledge of writing a profile story on Eric Dunn, a UNC art student who is majoring in fine arts. He will be displaying his artwork in the student show. It's pretty easy writing a profile story on a subject that interests you and Eric Dunn was a person that caught my attention. His determination to succced is inspiring. I included aspects of his life that contribute to his current success as an artist.

I found it easy to interview Eric and ask him questions about his life, motivations and goals he wants to accomplish during his time at UNC as well as the rest of his life. Writing this profile story allowed me to work on my writing skills as well as my reporting skills. I feel it was a very beneficial assignment and the interview and profile story were successful.

I learned that every art student must have passion and motivation, and in order to do well, you must bring that passion and motivation to the table. You must have determination to become an exceptional student and talented artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment