Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In the presence of talent

It's a normal routine for UNC art students to pack up their art supplies and head to the art studios on campus and get some work done. As the library and dorm rooms can be quite noisy, the art studios are low key, unstressful environments. As I followed Eric Dunn into one of the art studios, I knew I was in the presence of true talent. He not only shocked me by how talented he is but how calm and laid back he was about getting his work done.

I was able to spend a couple of hours with Eric in the art studio, watching and observing as he finished his piece of a abstract sunset done with oil pastels. During my time there, I noticed the art studio is truly a different world from the rest of the campus.

I found this assignment to be not only challenging because of all the detail I had to pay attention to, but exciting as well. I was able to see how someone else spends a couple hours of his day. Overall, I would say it was a fun assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment